Many Pinterest users have dealt with their accounts being hacked in the past, but this morning, Pinterest’s own Twitter account seemed to have been compromised. This tweet clearly stood out as not being a normal Pinterest tweet. Clicking on the link directed the users to fake news story on “the power of the Acai Berry”. [...]
Since my last blog post on Pinterest users’ accounts being hacked, I have been discussing possible causes of the hack with affected users (see the 25 comments here). The hacking issue seems to be getting worse, and now Pinterest is proactively addressing this issue by locking down accounts that they determine are exhibiting suspicious activity. Users [...]
Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check out the comments for ongoing discussion, but I have another update about Pinterest locking accounts along with an official Pinterest hacking survey that all users who had their accounts hacked should complete. Updated 7/8: Based on user experiences, if you have been hacked, the first [...]
Visitors from the Pinterest iOS app are not being tracked as coming from Pinterest in Google Analytics and other log based tracking programs. This underreporting of Pinterest traffic is significant. In my analysis, Pinterest mobile iOS traffic would have contributed an additional 64% more unique visitors from Pinterest than Google Analytics currently reports. To put it [...]
This week on Pin The News, Lauren Orsini of The Daily Dot and I discuss: Six useful Pinterest tips from power users The Food Network on Pinterest – Look at their numbers & strategy. The Pinterest Effect – 2012 has seen Pinterest inspiration dominating weddings & events. Pinterest adds Etsy, 500px, Kickstarter, SoundCloud and SlideShare to automatic attributions. Fictional characters [...]
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (5,291)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (3,096)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (2,617)
- Search Secrets: How a prominent SEO company is covertly purchasing backlinks for Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation October 9th, 2012 Update: Someone emailed me a link today ... (1,750)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (1,660)