By Josh Davis
Many 2011 social media predictions include the emergence of Business to Business (B2B). Some predictions have gone beyond just B2B to focus on corporate B2B social media. I agree this is a huge growth area, but there are several significant barriers that may push the realization of this prediction to 2012 or beyond.
Social media’s most powerful use is the ability to converse. I don’t see many conversations happening on corporate or even mid-sized business Twitter accounts, and that spells big issues with making B2B a growth area.
Three problem areas to consider:
- Fear that brands are too valuable to link them to a social media account.
- Conversations aren’t happening (pretty much the death of any value to social media).
- Any connections made, aren’t between decision makers.
These are three considerable barriers to corporate and mid-size B2B growth, so let’s consider each issue.
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (8,679)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (3,863)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (3,804)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (2,365)
- Search Secrets: How a prominent SEO company is covertly purchasing backlinks for Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation October 9th, 2012 Update: Someone emailed me a link today ... (2,127)