I don’t usually see phishing scams, but Gmail allowed one through today and even marked it as high priority. There were some grammatical issues immediately observable, but it worth being aware that this is a phishing scam so you avoid clicking any links in it. It appears from the link structure that they take you [...]
In March there was considerable coverage of Vitrue’s announcement that using their social platform, they planned to bring age verification to some Twitter accounts. The idea is that liquor companies wanted to be on Twitter, but they were concerned about having under-age followers. Now we are starting to see age verification in action. I recorded [...]
I am a big fan of Summify. I first wrote about Summify last year when I talked about it being a great option to get an overview of what the people shared while I was on vacation and not on Twitter. Since then I continue to look at the summary email every night. Summify does [...]
Miracle Whip has a history of non traditional advertising. They paid Lady Gaga to include their product in the music video for “Telephone” in 2010, and frequently places ads and sponsored content in video games like Skate 3. But all of that is fairly tame, compared to the tweets coming from the Miracle Whip official Twitter account on [...]
American Express is offering 10,000 small and mid-sized business a free $100 credit to start using Twitter’s new self-service ad platform. The news was announced two weeks ago, and I wanted to explore the details and process. In order to qualify for free Twitter advertising you must: Be a U.S. business with a U.S. billing [...]
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (5,323)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (3,115)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (2,623)
- Search Secrets: How a prominent SEO company is covertly purchasing backlinks for Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation October 9th, 2012 Update: Someone emailed me a link today ... (1,758)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (1,669)