Pinterest had a banner year in 2012. While Pinterest made dozens of substantial changes on their own platform, two key elements of Pinterest had a significant impact on the Internet as a whole. Pinterest used automatic attribution to tame the Internet’s wild west attitude toward giving credit for creative content. After being maligned [...]
Ben Silbermann sent an email out to Pinterest users tonight announcing a new feature: Secret Boards. The boards appear at the bottom of your Pinterest page and are only viewable to you or to people you invite to pin to them. Pinterest is starting out by providing each user three Secret Boards. While this may [...]
Last night Pinterest started sending emails to alert a user when someone who FOLLOWS them on Twitter, joined Pinterest. Pinterest, like Twitter, use a asynchronous follow model. I can follow someone on either network, and they don’t have to follow me back. If you have a public Twitter account, anyone in the world can follow you, but [...]
Since my last blog post on Pinterest users’ accounts being hacked, I have been discussing possible causes of the hack with affected users (see the 25 comments here). The hacking issue seems to be getting worse, and now Pinterest is proactively addressing this issue by locking down accounts that they determine are exhibiting suspicious activity. Users [...]
Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check out the comments for ongoing discussion, but I have another update about Pinterest locking accounts along with an official Pinterest hacking survey that all users who had their accounts hacked should complete. Updated 7/8: Based on user experiences, if you have been hacked, the first [...]
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (11,655)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (5,517)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (4,575)
- 12 Things You Didn’t Know About someecards These popular ecards have become one of the staples of ... (4,331)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (3,991)