Quick Summary SlideShare is best for hosting high-quality, business focused presentations and documents. The clear choice if you are willing to pay for a premium account that offers analytics and lead generation. Scribd is for best for bulk document uploads or high-quality imbedding options for your own site. You give up a strong branded experience [...]
This piece on mobile advertising and marketing ended up running rather long, but it is broken up into three sections for easy viewing: Creating monetizable events on phones is difficult. Three examples of mobile struggles. Where mobile does work. If you want to go right to the success cases, feel free, but I hope you [...]
By Josh Davis
Many 2011 social media predictions include the emergence of Business to Business (B2B). Some predictions have gone beyond just B2B to focus on corporate B2B social media. I agree this is a huge growth area, but there are several significant barriers that may push the realization of this prediction to 2012 or beyond.
Social media’s most powerful use is the ability to converse. I don’t see many conversations happening on corporate or even mid-sized business Twitter accounts, and that spells big issues with making B2B a growth area.
Three problem areas to consider:
- Fear that brands are too valuable to link them to a social media account.
- Conversations aren’t happening (pretty much the death of any value to social media).
- Any connections made, aren’t between decision makers.
These are three considerable barriers to corporate and mid-size B2B growth, so let’s consider each issue.
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (9,614)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (4,391)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (4,085)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (2,853)
- 12 Things You Didn’t Know About someecards These popular ecards have become one of the staples of ... (2,383)