Since my last blog post on Pinterest users’ accounts being hacked, I have been discussing possible causes of the hack with affected users (see the 25 comments here). The hacking issue seems to be getting worse, and now Pinterest is proactively addressing this issue by locking down accounts that they determine are exhibiting suspicious activity. Users [...]
This tip may be so obvious that you are already using it. But if you are not, you should definitely test it out. Upload a picture with every Facebook post Sharing a link? Upload a picture first. Just sharing a text update? Upload a picture first. Two months ago, I noticed that pretty much the [...]
These popular ecards have become one of the staples of Interent humor and general snarkyness. I wanted to learn more about this company that is everywhere on Pinterest and Facebook. Here is what I found… 1. They didn’t like their own website name The whole double “e” made it hard to type. People were [...]
Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check out the comments for ongoing discussion, but I have another update about Pinterest locking accounts along with an official Pinterest hacking survey that all users who had their accounts hacked should complete. Updated 7/8: Based on user experiences, if you have been hacked, the first [...]
Visitors from the Pinterest iOS app are not being tracked as coming from Pinterest in Google Analytics and other log based tracking programs. This underreporting of Pinterest traffic is significant. In my analysis, Pinterest mobile iOS traffic would have contributed an additional 64% more unique visitors from Pinterest than Google Analytics currently reports. To put it [...]
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (11,351)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (5,270)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (4,504)
- 12 Things You Didn’t Know About someecards These popular ecards have become one of the staples of ... (4,066)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (3,750)