Pinterest has positive branding impact
Sarah Kessler gives an overview of a new eye tracking study that examines what pinners look at first. Sadly the the images for the eye study are small and obscured, but there is some interesting information in her summary.
Users don’t want to leave Pinterest for news stories
Susanna Speiner asked three different Pinterest monitoring services to look into repin ratios for pins done by 13 different news organizations. Her article is worth reading in its entirety, but I thought this quote on the right captures one of the truth’s of Pinterest: it takes something fairly compelling for people to leave the site.
Pinterest tips for local (and all) businesses.
Stephanie Hobbs has four different steps that local businesses should take when promoting their business on Pinterest. The steps are well thought out and are worth reading for anyone considering putting their brand or business on Pinterest.
I wrote about how most Pinterest users had their follower numbers drop this week. This system change may eventually lead to easier access to who recently followed your account as well as the ability to block users.
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (5,348)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (3,137)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (2,642)
- Search Secrets: How a prominent SEO company is covertly purchasing backlinks for Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation October 9th, 2012 Update: Someone emailed me a link today ... (1,774)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (1,687)