I have been preaching the need for including compelling images in blog posts for a while now. They are essential to Pinterest, and with Facebook’s recent changes you likely should stop sharing your own links and instead upload an image and then post the link in the body of the update (you get more screen [...]
Pinterest just announced on their blog that they are adding more attribution tags to pinned content. Content from Etsy, 500px, Kickstarter, SlideShare and Sound Cloud are all now supported. The change will apply to all pins going forward, and Pinterest will slowly be adding this attribution to previous pins. How the Etsy attribution works on Pinterest Like the previous attribution [...]
James Spann, a popular meteorologist in Alabama, had his 90,000+ “Liked” Facebook page suspended in early June. While the suspension was reversed twelve hours later, this situations points to the importance of social media to inform the public about severe weather. It also shows the risks that come with relying on a social network when you don’t “own” your account. [...]
ICANN released the full list of new domain name extention applications today. While some things have changed since the last round of domain name extentions (APP is now most requested), many of the most popular extensions could have been guessed at before the Interent even existed. Here is my irreverent look at the most popular new [...]
Click the image for the full sized version. Want to post this infograph on your site? Just copy and past the html code below into your post. I only ask that you provide a link back to this page (example included in the code). <a href=”http://www.llsocial.com/2012/06/pinterest-food-infograph”><img src=”http://llsocial.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/What-is-on-your-Pinterest-plate.png” alt=”What’s On Your Pinterest Plate” imgclass=alignnone size-full</a><a href=”pinterest-food-infograph”>Infographic [...]
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (10,153)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (4,577)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (4,206)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (3,080)
- 12 Things You Didn’t Know About someecards These popular ecards have become one of the staples of ... (2,872)