Click the image for the full size version.
Want to post this infograph on your site?
Just copy and past the html code below into your post. I only ask that you provide a link back to this page (example included in the code).
<a href="http://www.llsocial.com/2012/05/private-board-alternatives-to-pinterest-infograph"><img src="http://llsocial.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Private-Board-Alternatives-To-Pinterest-Infographic.png" alt="Private Board Alternatives" imgclass=alignnone size-full</a><a href="http://www.llsocial.com/2012/05/private-board-alternatives-to-pinterest-infograph"> Private Board Alternatives to Pinterest - Infograph</a>
Video discussion of Pinterest alternatives that offer private boards
- No invitation required
- Need to create a board and then make it private
- Limited to images so is most Pinterest like
- Matches pictures by dominate colors for design planning
- No invitation required
- Boards default to private
- iOS & Android apps
- Offline access option
- Has note taking, personal shopper and task management capabilities
- Clips default to private
- Can clip images but also text, PDFs and slides
- Uses tags instead of boards
- Invite only, but get instant access at: LLsocial.com/clipboard
I am an active user Spring Pad and Clipboard, so much of what I cite comes from using them daily.
These services as well as Pinterest are always changing, but this infographic is current as of May 30th, 2012
Food images used for these private board examples provided by:
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (2,717)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (1,717)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (1,182)
- Search Secrets: How a prominent SEO company is covertly purchasing backlinks for Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation October 9th, 2012 Update: Someone emailed me a link today ... (1,039)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (859)