I haven’t accessed Klout in over a month, but tonight I started getting requests to connect on Klout via Facebook.
To see what was going on, I clicked on the notification. It took me to my Klout page and asked me to send requests to 51 friends. Many who likely have no clue what Klout is.
Klout also preselected a check box that gives them approval to send requests from my account at any time in the future.
I obviously didn’t click on the Send Requests button, but based on the number of requests I am getting, it seems a number of people are doing it.
Klout doesn’t list any benefit to me for sending these requests, so it seems fairly self serving on their part.
I just wanted to make people aware how many alerts they could be sending to friends if they do happen to approve it.
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (2,702)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (1,689)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (1,166)
- Search Secrets: How a prominent SEO company is covertly purchasing backlinks for Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation October 9th, 2012 Update: Someone emailed me a link today ... (1,027)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (835)