By its very nature, Twitter is an immediate and fleeting medium. The immediacy is a large part of the appeal, but all those moments you put into using it add up. If you are like me and you have put thousands of hours into reading tweets and tweeting yourself, then it just makes sense to [...]
Google Plus is new enough that I am only beginning to understand all the nuisances. Aside from looking at how Breaking News, Mashable and my local paper The Lawrence Journal-World are using it, my use cases are fairly limited. The experience I am going to share is isolated, but it is first hand. How @free [...]
This week my local Social Media Club in Lawrence, Kansas is discussing free social media tools, so I wanted to write about one of my favorites: Crowdbooster. It is hard to describe exactly what Crowdbooster is, but I guess the right phrase would be a “social media analytics dashboard”. If that sounds cold and boring, [...]
Update 1:22PM 7/6/11 – Megan Berry, Klout Marketing Manager, responds below in the comments. —– Maybe I have gotten spoiled with the connectivity Twitter provides, but I am finding myself increasing frustrated when trying to communicate with what is supposed to be one of the leading social media companies . . . Klout. I am active [...]
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (10,901)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (4,923)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (4,404)
- 12 Things You Didn’t Know About someecards These popular ecards have become one of the staples of ... (3,756)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (3,459)