This blog post has two purposes. The first is to explain why Google Author Tags (also referred to more broadly as Authorship) is something you should consider implement on your own blog. The second part is to introduce a new flowchart that will help you accomplish this with step-by-step instructions. If you are already familiar with [...]
Quick Summary SlideShare is best for hosting high-quality, business focused presentations and documents. The clear choice if you are willing to pay for a premium account that offers analytics and lead generation. Scribd is for best for bulk document uploads or high-quality imbedding options for your own site. You give up a strong branded experience [...]
Many Pinterest users have dealt with their accounts being hacked in the past, but this morning, Pinterest’s own Twitter account seemed to have been compromised. This tweet clearly stood out as not being a normal Pinterest tweet. Clicking on the link directed the users to fake news story on “the power of the Acai Berry”. [...]
Trying to piece together Facebook’s announcement today from live blogs had me frustrated. Why would I care which of my friends like both Star Wars and Harry Potter (that is all of them). But after thinking about the new Open Graph Search system today, and then reading Erin Griffith’s piece on marketing potential, I can [...]
I don’t usually see phishing scams, but Gmail allowed one through today and even marked it as high priority. There were some grammatical issues immediately observable, but it worth being aware that this is a phishing scam so you avoid clicking any links in it. It appears from the link structure that they take you [...]
- Josh Davis on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Schwartz on Alexis Madrigal’s “Dark Social” premise is flawed.
- Josh Davis on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Jon Loomer on Facebook makes unannouced change that is significantly affecting the reach of your page.
- Josh Davis on Simple, but extremely useful tool to check social shares from your site and the competition.
- Protect yourself from the newest hacking of Pinterest accounts. Update 7/19: The article below is still relevant, and you should check ... (8,581)
- Pinterest is quietly generating revenue by modifying user submitted pins. Additional Update (2/15): Pinterest adds disclosure about how they (might) make ... (3,816)
- Pinterest hacked. Hundreds of thousands of users are unknowing posting spam pins. I have two new blog posts with details of the ... (3,783)
- The guy who followed over 1,000,000 people on Pinterest in the past 24 hours. Pinterest's popularity might be starting to draw the interest of ... (2,318)
- Search Secrets: How a prominent SEO company is covertly purchasing backlinks for Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation October 9th, 2012 Update: Someone emailed me a link today ... (2,117)